What is an Informative Essay Conclusion?
Your conclusion paragraph is a summary of what you have written in your informative essay. This is essentially the last paragraph/section of your paper. Same as with the introduction, the way you finish your article also matters. In this section of the paper, you are supposed to tie everything in the document together. It would be best if you also left the reader with something to think about, concerning the topic of the article.
Creating an informative essay conclusion is sometimes tricky for many students. There are some silly mistakes that students usually include in their conclusion paragraphs unknowingly, which then make their conclusion paragraphs weak. Two good examples of the mistakes commonly made by students include;
- Including the thesis statement in conclusion – as far as you are supposed to remind the reader about what the paper is about in the conclusion paragraph, it is a huge mistake to write your thesis statement in your introduction as it appears in the introduction section. Where you want to include it in your conclusion, ensure that you rephrase it.
- Introducing new information in conclusion – never include any information that is not in the body paragraphs in the conclusion of the paper. As we had seen, the conclusion is usually a summary of what you have drafted in the article, therefore, placing new information in the conclusion section of your paper will ultimately beat the purpose of writing it.
H2: Steps In Writing a Conclusion
Here are some of the steps one should follow when trying to create a proper conclusion;
- Reread your introduction – going back to your presentation when writing your conclusion is always a good idea. Remember, where you can easily tie back your conclusion to your paper’s introduction, always make sure to do so. This will be helpful as it will so the reader that the data provided therein ties back to answering the theme of the informative essay.
- Rephrase your thesis statement – it is essential to have your thesis statement in your conclusion section, but always make sure to rephrase it. If you write it in the exact way you had done in the introduction, then you will have committed a grave mistake that will inevitably lower the quality of your piece.
- Read the body section of your paper – remember, the conclusion of your essay is the summary of the article. Therefore, going back and reading the points you provided earlier will put you in an excellent position to summarize everything correctly. Remember, you have to assure the reader that whatever you presented earlier entirely saturates the essay question. Therefore, make a point to revisit your points.
- Leave the reader with something to think about – it is essential to leave the reader with something in mind. You can do this by highlighting what the paper has taught and what you feel should be done more.
This article aims to help students come up with the most definite informative essay conclusions they can come up with. We hope that students will be able to create sound conclusions with the help of this article.